The WorldNav 7400 features a large, bright 7 inch touchscreen, which is easy to read in the truck cab. The unit support 3 different languages; and allows you to work in both imperial and metric measurements for those driving in both the U.S. and Canada.
Designed specifically for truck drivers, the 7400 provides the following features:
- 9 Hazmat rating levels that will help create the route that avoids tunnels and avoids Hazmat restricted areas. For drivers hauling Hazmat rated loads, this feature will pay for the GPS unit in time saved alone.
Turn by Turn Voice Directions give audio direction to the driver’s destination. The WorldNav 7400 is designed for truck drivers so the voice directions give the driver plenty of warning for upcoming turns and will even provide lane advice.Over 12 million Points of Interest for truck driving are included in the software. Points include: trucks stops, rest areas, parking, distribution centers, weight scales. The included points of interest make it easy for the driver to find the services he needs. The points of interest database will make the WorldNav a truck driver’s best friend, locating places to rest, fuel up and eat.Showing Restricted Roads Roads are color coded, making it easy to determine the best route and what routes you need to or should try to avoid. When your system is in the Map mode you will see your road types with the colors listed below:
- Gray = ResidentialYellow = County or stateOrange = HighwayGreen = State Preferred Truck RoutePink = Truck Restricted Roads
Options and Accessories
Available options and accessories include:
- Extended warranties of up to three yearsSpare mount and power accessory kitsTravel antennaAnti-glare screen protector and silicone storage caseBack-up cameraThe WorldNav 7400 also offers the option for live tracking from a remote location, such as the trucker’s dispatch office.
The WorldNav 7400 is updated by SD card or over the Internet. A new SD card will arrive in the mail and just needs to be inserted into the WorldNav to update maps and information.
Regular updates give the truck driver peace of mind that the calculated routes are appropriate for commercial trucks and the navigation data will be the most current available. The drivers previously installed routes and points are not lost with an update.
- Routing for Semi is reliableLane assistFree Traffic update3D view of some interchanges
- Traffic works only in major citiesGPS has to be plugged into cigarette lighterBattery lasts only 3 hours without charge
The 7400 is TeleType’s top of the line truck gps and the unit provides an extensive set of useful features. Other GPS companies take their units designed more for car drivers and try to make them work in the truck driving environment. The WorldNav 7400 is designed from the platform up for truck driver use.